May 2 & 3
Woke up to a notification that my flight was delayed until 5:30 pm. No problem - time for a long walk, laundry, and a few last minute things. Thanks to Ursula for the ride to the airport. I was there really early, as planned, and beat any rush. The check-in agent hadn’t processed a bike before but with a bit of help I think it got through ok. As the boarding is about to begin, the AirTag shows it in close proximity to the plane. I ate my fill in the lounge and probably don’t need to eat again until sometime tomorrow. Next up - nearly 12 hours on a plane - ugh! Last I looked, the seat beside me was empty. Fingers crossed…..
Once on the flight, they were clear to announce that the flight would be 11 hours and 59 minutes. Maybe some different regulations are required for a 12 hours flight? In any case, it was all good. Well, except for the screaming child directly behind me. Couldn't listen to audiobooks/podcasts for a few hours at the start of the flight while he howled his little lungs out. The seat beside me was indeed occupied. By a young woman from the Czech Republic who is moving to Tokyo for a job. She spent some time in the Calgary area and now will spend a few weeks in South Korea before heading to Japan. I could learn some things from that girl; she is travelling with a only a tiny bag that fits under the seat.
I could have filled in the immigration/arrival card online before leaving home, but apparently I could also do it upon arrival. Well - the airplane ran out of paper cards, the airport didn't have any paper, and the tablets provided were a bit frustrating to figure out (to say the least!). And no human around to help. I'm guessing that took about an hour, but it finally took the info I provided and they let me into the country. I think the driver I had reserved was about to give up on me, but I finally found him and loaded me, my luggage and my bike into his vehicle for the 40-minute drive to the hotel. It was about 11 local time by the time I got checked in. Yawn!
Comments
Post a Comment